No announcement yet.

{The List} - Diplomacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Civ terms, the civilizations present in America would be considered Barbarians and huts. I'd like to see some sort of Minor Civilizations concept to model that sort of thing.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

No... look at the conquest of America
      ah touché.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

thanks

Comment

A lot has been said here already...

I would like to see more option for dealing with the AI civs.

And a new format for displaying the meeting room.
          Only seeing 6 civs is useless when more then 7 civs in game.
          Option would be to have a box per civ, on which it shows the status they have with other civs in basic symbol form...

There are a lot of very intelligent people around here, I sure that the diplomatic representation table could be made to look very classy, and still be hightly practicle for usage.

must go down the pub and think further on this over some brews...
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Well, on the subject of the meeting room- I would like to suggest a non-graphics intensive room that doesn't take the player out of the game... I don't really care about seeing the enemy leaderheads- or if I do, then I would rather seem them in a CTPI-like way... on an info-tab... There is no need for Civ IV to be graphic-intensive... it should be streamlined, smooth and simple.
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Well said
              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

to Darkcloud.

Comment

Comment

Damn I had so many ideas and they are all said by other people. Still happy that i'm not the only uhappy person about diplomacy. Certainly one thing has to be fixed and that is the mentioning of your history 1000 years ago when as everybody you betrayed somebody by breaking a right of passage and such. All those ideas are good but we miss something and that is for example the un exist only for 57 or 58 years in two days so the concept of having a UN in civ as in smac is kind hard since the game ends a couple of turns after you build it. Also the concept of trading tech in the early ages is a complete nonsence, when somebody discovered something it usualy was brought to the rest of the known world, it is only in late years that we tend to conceal our research and this mostly for military projects. One last thing that I liked from Europa Universallis is that when you take over a province, in our case a city, you should get to be yours directly I mean you could use it to build units and use it's baracks and such but in order for it to become part of your empire you should negotiate during the peace talks unless ofcourse you conquer the entire thing. I think somebody mentioned boreds trading? I find the border concept rather stupid with this culture idea, I mean culture is good but use it to define borders? When something new was to be claimed people just went with armies and took it, most of the times after receiveing it in a peace netiation. Some other things need to be repaired in the agreements, which is more of a bug than an issue but It's not my fault that when I trade with somebody the country between us goes to war with the one i'm trading with, why should I get the blame for breaking the trade treaty? You know things like that. Well I trew more than mere bones here. Still it will great sadness that I have to tell you that most of those things will never get in game as they require loads of programming and we all know that the gready doesn't like to work much.

Oh before I forget perhaps like in smac talk with the AI what to research? And for Christ sake I know is not here I should say this but add events to this game :@ I'm in the 680AD and entered the industrious age :S can give a screen but not here lol got carried away again damn!

Comment

I read some of your suggestions, and I have seen them implemented well in other games like EU2 and Victoria, those are good inspiration sources even though they are real-time games, and SMAC also got a decent diplo system. The civ3 diplo system really sucks...
                      My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

UNIT TRADING
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Yeah, It was mentioned...

Comment

Originally posted by ThePlagueRat
                            Yeah, It was mentioned...
                            Yes, butI felt I had to insist
                            And to add an interesting link in the mix
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Victoria what's that?

Comment

It's a quite new stategy game... based on Europa Universalis concept. It's very different from civ games, but it got a tremendous diplomatic system!

You can find out more here:
                                Paradox Interactive is a world leading PC games publisher known for games such as Cities: Skylines, Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings.

Comment

Working...
                                X